12.02.2007

You Broke The Thermometer?

Being sick isn't frustrating enough.  Eddie's got the ick.  This evening he wanted to confirm he had a fever.  We still have one of those old school thermometers (not digital), so Eddie rinsed it off and tried to shake it before he used it.  

He shook it against the side of the sink.  It busted.  Shiny, watery metallic stuff flew all over the kitchen along with bits and pieces of sharp, broken glass.  Some reflective liquid landed on his feet, the floor, the counter and the rug in the kitchen.  It eventually transferred onto his shirt, a bathroom towel, his forearm and valuable electronic devices.  

Some time was spent accessing information on the Internet about what to do in this case.

All is well now.  We killed it.  Thanks Internet.    

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I done the exact same thing with one of those thermometers!


Kudos on blogging the whole month of November. Good stuff!


Andy

12/7/07, 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just re-read my comment... I seem to be missing a contraction on my "I"

Just imagine my comment as something Cletus the slack jawed yokel would say.

AV

12/12/07, 2:49 PM  
Blogger ktm said...

Yes, I also imagine thermometer pronounced "thermo-meter" and the word "those" replaced with the words "them there."

12/12/07, 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts      Older Posts