4.06.2008

I Teach Him The Important Things

Read no further if you are squeamish about any married couple revealing too much information about their relationship, because here it comes: Eddie and I take showers together sometimes.

When we're maneuvering around each other, even after six years, the poking, prodding and giggling haven't subsided in that environment.  I don't think we'll ever really grow up and I'm relishing in this when the giggling stops.  There's a moment of silence when Eddie reaches for the shampoo.  I'm taking my turn to wet my hair and I hear Eddie ask me: 
 
"Do you know what I learned from you?" (He holds the shampoo bottle inverted.)

"No.  What?"

"This."  (He demonstrates a swift shake of the shampoo bottle to hurry the remaining shampoo down to the neck of the bottle for an easier squeeze into his palm.)

"Yeah?"

"Before, I would just wait for it.  I would just wait patiently for the rest of the shampoo to ooze down into the top.  But you, you taught me that you can shake it like this (he demonstrates the swift shake again).  You taught me that it's shampoo.  You don't have to be nice to it."

No Sparky.  No you don't.





    

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is probably the best blog I've ever read

amazing.

davidloti=davidloti

4/8/08, 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so... sensitive of eddie. (we do too)- osaway

4/17/08, 6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want you to WRITE A BOOK. You are a brilliant writer, my darling friend. It is a privilege to read your words (I just always hope for a long post). They're just so darn good, honey!

4/27/08, 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts      Older Posts