11.16.2005

Variety is Mandatory

I'm married. I love my husband and I will be with him for the rest of my life. It was an easy decision I made with my head and my heart. We even signed a Covenant Marriage contract because we're THAT sure. I know he's the one.

However.

I can't commit to a morning cereal. I won't do it. We went to the store this evening and Corn Pops was the choice for the week. Last week: Wheat Chex. Week before: Cinnamon Life.

I've had Grape nuts, Cheerios with Strawberries, Honeynut Cheerios, regular Cheerios, Cap'n Crunch, Honey Smacks, Lucky Charms, Golden Grahams, Rice Chex, Honeycomb...I could fill the next 10 minutes with a list of cereals I've eaten, most on some kind of a food jag. I can usually commit for a week, maybe 2.

My commitment phobia is not limited to cereal. I can't even commit to a certain food. I've gone on toast jags (sometimes butter, sometimes jelly, sometimes peanut butter), pop tart jags (cherry or strawberry), frozen waffle jags (buttermilk, regular, whole grain) and yogurt jags (ALL flavors).

Maybe this will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts      Older Posts