2.02.2006

Before I was Interrupted

This is the meme I was going to do yesterday and since I've had more time to mull it over, I feel pressure now... pressure that my answers have to be sharper, funnier and more interesting. Wish me luck.

Four Jobs I've Had

1. Gymnastics coach. You'd be surprised how much "little" kids weigh when you have to lift them over and over again.
2. Student Worker for the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry. It was interesting working for the state. I liked the holidays, that was about it.
3. Cake Builder. During one of the summers while I was in culinary school, I took a job in a bakery/pastry shop. I thought any chef worth her salt should know more about the bake shop. I gained 5 pounds.
4. Temp. Just out of college, right after 9/11 and people were afraid to hire, so I took temp. positions to pay for my wedding. I remember one so vividly. I had to call every Home Depot in the 10 states I was given to help create a database of certain fax numbers. One word: Ew.


Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over

1. Sliding Doors
2. Say Anything
3. Christmas Vacation
4. Trading Places


Four Places I have Lived

1. In Baton Rouge, LA on Bonham St....for about 20 years
2. A dorm/apartment in Charleston, SC.
3. A dorm in Providence, RI
4. A charming house in the heart of Baton Rouge...with the husband.


Four T.V. Shows I Love

1. The Amazing Race
2. Project Runway
3. Survivor (I refuse to be ashamed of reality tv. Every man who loves sports...LOVES reality tv)
4. Sex and the City


Four Places I've Vacationed

1. Depoe Bay, Oregon
2. Park City, Utah
3. San Francisco/Santa Cruz, California
4. Houston/Dallas, Texas


Four of My Favorite Dishes

1. Macaroni & Cheese (I may make it with a nice Mornay sauce now, but I'll never stop loving it)
2. Roasted Duck with homemade garlic mashed potatoes and sweet carrots
3. Chinese #4 (Shrimp with Chinese Vegetables)
4. A GOOD seafood gumbo


Four Sites I Visit Daily

1. Dooce (obviously)
2. Liana
3. Daily Dose of Imagery
4. msn (it's my homepage)


Four Places I would Rather Be Right Now

1. Winging my way to Hawaii... on the start of a vacation with my Sparky
2. Just arriving at that bed and breakfast in Saint Francisville where we stayed for our 6-month anniversary
3. Taking pictures
4. Where Eddie is (He's on the couch with the dog as I finish this... where I'll be SHORTLY)


Five People I'm Tagging

1. Kyle
2. DooDee
3. Keith
4 & 5. Chris and Sharyl


Couch, Eddie and Buddy, Here I come. Survivor is coming on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts      Older Posts