7.20.2008

I Used To Collect Them

On a continuous journey to thin my life of clutter, I am always seeking different and better ways to store the things I've decided to keep.

I've been holding on to a couple of pages ripped out of a high school journal. For a time, I would record a quote as it struck me. I can't seem to discard the papers until I find a way to keep the words... So here are a few.

"All our loves are first loves." --Susan Fromberg Schaeffer
"You can be hurt only if you care a lot." --Andy Warhol
"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." --John Wayne
"Sometimes a majority simply means that all the fools are on the same side." --Claude McDonald
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" --Steven Wright
"Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm." --Publilius Syrus
"The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do." --Galileo

I added one:

"I threw a rock in a mirror-smooth lake and never felt so much power as when I broke the sky." --ktm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have memories of cleaning out my childhood room with all the trophies and plaques collected over the years, and I couldn't just trow them away. So, Scott was there and I remember he wrote down all the awards on one piece of paper for posterity.

8/7/08, 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts      Older Posts