11.24.2008

Little Pink Feet

Rest was good.  To tell the truth, this year's NaBloPoMo has gotten the best of me.  It was an honest effort in the beginning.  I could have mailed in a one-liner each evening but I didn't really want to do that.  Instead, I chose just to go on to bed and leave the blog for another day...or as it turned out - another 9 days.  

The first baby shower I've ever thrown was no more than I could have asked of myself or of the guests.  Everything was a tasteful, adult pink.  I decorated with flowers, balloons and food.  The centerpiece: Cheesy Grits and Spanish Style Grillades.  Mmm.  I went a little far though - making a sound track for the event.  Every song on the pink CD was either named "Baby" or had the word "baby" repeated throughout.  It was the prize for the only game we played.  

Glass punch cups, silverware and china were set off by the white napkins stamped with small, fushia baby feet.  It was fun and fabulous.  And I'm glad it's over.

2 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

Well, I trust your one-liners, but i understand not wanting to "to there". As for the rest of the blog, i'm not really one to comment on pinkness or baby stuff, so, yep.

11/26/08, 3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was fabulous indeed. I'm fortunate enough to be the recipient of your "went a little far-ness".-HDO

12/20/08, 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts      Older Posts